Sunday, January 23, 2011

Training log - Week ending 1/23/11

End of week 11, post fracture. This week was 12 miles of “real running” and 96 “miles” pool running -- training log is here.

Rehab and recovery continues, and I'm pleasantly surprised by how good I feel (though definitely not where I was when I was injured). The foot hasn't been hurting, but I do have a heightened awareness of it. This makes me paranoid that I am not holding back as much as I should – on Monday and Friday, I let myself flow into a pace that wasn't strenous, but wasn't easy. On Wednesday, I kept the brakes on somewhat, but also ran on concrete sidewalks in a somewhat hilly area. This week, I am going to try to slow down the pace. There is absolutely no reason to be pushing it at this point, and a lot to lose.

Dailies

Monday: In the morning, I first did a “baby run” of three intervals of 10 minutes each on the track, with one minute walking between each – averaged about 7:50 pace for roughly 4 miles (paces for each interval were 8:15, 7:50, and 7:23). I followed this with “14 miles” pool running, including a “track 800s workout” of 10x3:00 at hard effort, with 1:00 recovery, followed by full recovery, and then 25 minutes at aerobic effort.

In the evening, a weights session with a personal trainer.

Tuesday: In the morning, “12.5 miles” – 2:05 hours easy pool-running, plus leg strength training.

Wednesday: In the morning, “test-jogging” on asphalt of three intervals of 12 minutes each, with one minute recovery, summing up to about 4.5 miles of (paces of 8:46, 8:31, and 8:29). Followed by “9 miles” in the pool of easy aqua-jogging (1:30 hours). “3 miles” easy pool-running (30 minutes) at night.

Thursday: In the morning, “14 miles” - 2 hours in the pool, including a tempo workout of 2x20 minutes at tempo effort with 1 minute recovery, followed by 3 minutes at interval effort. Full recovery, and then eight intervals of 90 seconds very hard/60 seconds recovery. Followed with strength training. In the evening another 3.5 minutes easy pool running for “3.5 more miles.”

Friday: A “baby run” on the track of two intervals of 15 minutes each, with one minute recovery, summing up to just under 4 miles of running (paces of 8:11 and 7:40). Followed by “10.5 miles” in the pool of easy aqua-jogging – 1:45 hours. Also did a Pilates class in the afternoon.

Saturday: “18.5 miles” – 3:05 hours pool running, most at easy effort, but threw in twelve intervals of 90 seconds very hard/60 seconds recovery near the end. Later, a yoga class.

Sunday: “11 miles” – 1:50 hours easy pool running.

1 comment: