Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Ironic posting hiatus

Yup -- blog's been a bit quiet the last few days.

By way of explanation, a major water pipe burst in my condo last week, severing my internet connection and soaking all of my computers plus my cell phone (and various other possessions).   I am amused to report that the one bit of technology that evaded the water was my waterproof Garmin.

My running shoes were completely soaked; while my bathing suits stayed dry where they hung.

Anyhow, the inundation of my condo with water means that I've had many other obligations to attend to -- getting things dried out, regaining internet access, dealing with two insurance companies plus my building's other owners plus the DC government plus...you get the picture.  I find it an amusing twist of fate, that I am currently unable to spare much time to update my pool-running blog, due to my living room being turned into a wading pool of sorts.

Hopefully, I'll be back to my personal variant of normal next week.

2 comments:

  1. Hi DW. Lalala here. I'm adding your blog to my reader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh! I'm really hoping your condo is better! that is terrible! good luck this weekend!

    ReplyDelete