Monday, May 13, 2013

Training log - Week ending May 12, 2013

This week was 62.5 miles of “real running” plus 10 “miles” pool running -- training log is here.  

Just a training week.  I was sick on Monday, so I took the day off.  The day off seemed to help, as I was feeling mostly better by Tuesday.  But bits of my bug lingered for the rest of the week, making me a bit sluggish.  I'll take part of the blame - I inadvertently ran a LOT more than I meant to on Tuesday (in my defense, I only doubled because my coach couldn't make the Tuesday night workout, so I showed up to help time/cheer, and ran an unplanned 5 miles in the process).  Not smart.  But doesn't seem to have done too much damage.

I also gave my bug to my boyfriend.  I'm nothing if not generous.  Sharing is caring.


Dailies

Monday:  
Off.  Sick.  Did a bit of foam rolling at night.

Tuesday: 
In the morning, 9 miles easy (8:12), plus a bit of light weight training (mostly injury prevention work).  In the evening, an "accidental" 5 miles (8:31).  Also foamrolled mid day.

Wednesday
:   In the morning, 7.5 miles easy (8:17 pace), followed by yoga.   Later did another 5 miles (8:02 pace).  Foam rolling at night.

Thursday:  
In the morning, 50 minutes of easy pool-running for “5 miles," followed by injury prevention work and upper body strength training.  Foam rolling at night.

Friday: 
In the morning, 11.5 miles, including a workout of 3200, 1600 in 13:33 (6:19/6:14) and 5:53.  Followed with injury prevention work and 30 minutes shakeout poolrunning. Foam rolling at night.

Saturday:  
In the morning, 10 miles easy (8:20); upper body strengthwork, injury prevention work, and foam rolling in the afternoon..

Sunday:  
In the morning, 14 miles as a progression, split as  first 4 miles at 8:36, next 6.5 at 7:43, last 3.5 at 6:41 (more like 1.5 miles at 6:50 and two at 6:34).  Followed up with injury prevention work and 20 minutes shake out pool-running.  Yoga and foam-rolling in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment