Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Training log - Week ending 5/1/2016

This week was 40 miles of running, 15 "miles" of pool-running and 2000 yards of swimming -- training log is here.

This is a belated entry for last week.  My coach and I agreed that I'd take a few days off before ramping up for Grandma's half in mid-June; it's funny how when I take a break from running, I tend to forget about everything else related to running: foam rolling, blogs, etc.

Last week was focused on two separate but similar goals - recovering from my crash and burn at the previous week's 5K, and tapering up for Broad Street.  My legs were pretty dead at the beginning of the week, but freshened up a little more each day.  By Saturday they were feeling OK, but apparently weren't totally good to go on Sunday.

I'm a bit bummed, since in some ways that was the best weather I've raced Broad Street in (I'd much rather run in 45 and rain then low-to-mid 60s and Sunday.  But oh well.

As I noted, I'm taking a few days completely off this week to reboot before ramping up for my half.  I suggested this to my coach, and he agreed.  I asked him how many days to take, and he told me to rest until next weekend, which was a lot longer than I had expected.  But that's coaching - don't ask a question unless you're willing to comply with an answer you don't particularly care for

The plus side is that next week's training log won't take long to write up at all.

Dailies

Monday:   Yoga and 7.5 "miles" easy pool-running.  Foam rolled in the evening.

Tuesday: 10.5 miles, including a track workout of 1600 at tempo, 3x800, 2x400 - split  6:37, 3:08, 3:04, 3:00, 86, 83.   Followed with 1250 yards recovery swimming.  Foam rolling at night.

Wednesday: 8 miles very easy (8:58), followed by some upper body work and core. Sports massage at night.

Thursday:   7.5 "miles" easy pool-running.  Foam rolling at night. 

Friday:  5.5 miles, including a mile pick-up in 6;27.   Followed with 750 yards recovery swimming Foam rolling at night.

Saturday:  3 miles easy (8:49) and foam rolling.

Sunday:  2.5 mile warm-up and 10 mile race in 67:40. 

No comments:

Post a Comment