Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Training log - Week ending 3/15/2020

This week was 54 miles of running, 12 "miles" of pool-running, and 1000 yards swimming -- training log is here.

Really good progress from a week ago.  The soreness is fading and the hamstrings no longer burn when I run, as long as I maintain good posture (as soon as I start hunching my shoulders or arching my back, it all goes to hell)  The very tight feeling is also gone (well...when running.  Driving still sucks, and sleeping on my side is also a no go).  I also feel just generally wobbly and a bit uncoordinated.  But...the more strength work I do, the better.   

I feel like I'm relearning the skill of running, in one sense.  I added in some gentle hills and a short progression run towards the end of the week, not for fitness but so I could practice holding correct posture while running faster, either uphill or on the flat.  I held up well, so I'll do more of the same this week, trying to progress.

Like many others, I have no races scheduled in the next 6-8 weeks, so I'm using this time to get really strong and healthy.

Dailies

Monday: 2.5 miles very easy (9:43), yoga, and then 7.5 miles very easy (8:46), plus drills and two gentle uphill strides.  Foam rolling at night.

Tuesday: 8 "miles" of pool-running, upper body weights/core. Foam rolling at night.

Wednesday: 4 miles very easy (9:34), yoga, 7 miles very easy (8:49), and drills and four uphill strides.  Sports massage in afternoon.

Thursday: 11 miles, including 8 cautious hill repeats of 70-80 seconds with 2:30 recovery.  Followed with injury prevention work and 500 yards recovery swimming.  Foam rolling at night

Friday:  2 miles easy (9:35), 4 "miles" pool-running, upper body weights/core.  Foam rolling at night.

Saturday: 10 miles, with the first 9 miles progressive (split as first 3 averaging 9:04, next 3 averaging 7:35, next 3 averaging 6:56), plus a cooldown mile.  Followed with injury prevention work and 500 yards recovery swimming.  Foam rolling at night.

Sunday: 10 miles easy (8:36)  DIY yoga and foam rolling at home later.


No comments:

Post a Comment