Sunday, December 20, 2020

Training log - Week ending 12/20/2020

 This week was 48 miles of running, 1000 yards of swimming and xx "miles" of pool-running -- training log is here

Raced a 10K, had a bad race.  It happens occasionally, though (like everyone else) I really wish it wouldn't.  


In reflection, I think there were a few things that contributed to my asthma flaring.  One was obviously the cold dry air.  However, it wasn't THAT cold and dry, and I've run well in such in the past.  


I get a monthly injection of a drug called Xolair (legal under USADA) to control my asthma, and I'm due for my next shot on Monday.  That sometimes wears off in the last few days of the month, and that may be the case here.


Also, I've found that I run better in any sort of weather when I'm acclimated.  And guess who did her shakeout run on the treadmill in 68 degrees on Friday to avoid black ice?  Maybe that contributed slightly (or maybe not).


All notes for next time.




Dailies 


Monday: In the morning, upper body weights/core and 5 "miles" pool-running; foam rolling at night.


Tuesday: 12 miles on the treadmill, including a workout of 6x0.5 miles in 3:05, 3:08, 3:03, 3:02, 3:02, 3:01 with 2:30 recovery.   Followed with leg injury prevention work, streaming yoga, and 500 yards recovery swimming.   Foam rolling at night.


Wednesday: 8 miles very easy (9:19), plus another mile on the track to confirm accurate calibration of my footpod.  Followed with streaming yoga.  Foam rolling at night.


Thursday:  Upper body weights/core and 5 "miles" pool-running.  Foam rolling at night.


Friday: DIY yoga and 4 miles very easy on the treadmill (9:20).   Foam rolling at night.


Saturday: 4 mile warm-up, 10K race in 41:01, 2 mile cooldown.  Followed with 500 yards recovery swimming.  Foam rolling in afternoon.


Sunday:  12 miles very easy (9:04), followed by streaming yoga and 5 "miles" pool-running.  Foam rolling in afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment