- The overweight butterfly swimmer is the natural enemy of the dedicated pool-runner.
- It's pretty easy to distinguish between pool-runners and aqua-aerobics aficionados. The latter wear a blissful, at peace expression, and are regularly heard to comment: "this is such great exercise!" The former possess a haunted, driven look, and are perpetually muttering "this isn't enough - I'm losing so much fitness!"
- One benefit of pool-running for those who are high mileage -- bathing suits are cheaper than running shoes, and last longer.
- To the mother I encountered at the pool a few months back: if you insist on bringing your 4-5 year old son into the ladies locker room (despite the nice collection of large family changing rooms), do not get pissed off at me when I casually strip my bathing suit off in front of his widening eyes.
- No matter how cold the water is, I assure you it will feel fine within 90 seconds of getting in. So, grit your teeth and do it -- you're going to be at the pool long enough anyway without wasting another 5 minutes.
- I've decided that the debate about belt versus belt-less pool-running is the equivalent of the barefoot running debate on land. In the modified words of Malmo -- "just pool-run, baby."
- Sure conversational ice-breaker in the pool when you see a fellow pool-runner -- "So, what are you in here for?"
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Sequel: 7 More WTF/Duh!/Huh? Moments/Observations About Pool Running.
A follow-up to my previous post.