Monday, April 29, 2013

Training log - Week ending 4/28/13

This week was 66 miles of “real running” plus 14 “miles” pool running and 1200 yards swimming -- training log is here.  


Another week of training in the books.  I'm feeling fitter every week, and that's pretty nice - it's always quicker and easier to come back to a certain level of running than it is to get there in the first place.  And the feeling good part is fun. 

I was entered in the Nike Women's Half Marathon in DC this weekend, but opted to skip - I couldn't race it because I'm planning on racing the Broad Street 10 Miler next weekend.  And running races easy really just isn't fun at all.  But that was OK - I ended up having a great long run instead.  And Broad Street will be really fun.

After Broad Street, I'm gonna switch gears and focus on short stuff for the summer.  Mile races, with a few 5Ks and maybe something in the 8-10K distance if the weather's reasonable.  I love love love the longer stuff, but I'm not doing myself any favors by cranking out high mileage all summer, as much as I would love to do so.  Just focus on quick short stuff for the spring/summer, then take another break, and then start building mileage again in the fall. 

In other news, Brian decided to pay tribute to my everygrowing ego with a custom built water bottle - forever documenting a silly post race pose.  She-Hulk - eat your heart out.

I loved this when he surprised me with it. 
And of course, I went to fill it up right away.
Only to be informed that it was for display, not for drinking. 
Silly me.  So now it's enshrined on my shelf.


Dailies

Monday:  
In the morning, 60 minutes of easy pool-running for “6 miles” followed by injury prevention work and some strength training.  Foam rolling at night.

Tuesday: 
12.5 miles easy (7:59) plus drills and strides, followed by lower body injury prevention work; foam rolling at night.

Wednesday
:   In the morning, 9.5 miles easy (8:04 pace), followed by yoga.   Later did another 5.5 miles (7:54 pace).  Foam rolling at night.

Thursday:  
In the morning, 40 minutes of easy pool-running for “4 miles" plus 1200 yards of swimming breathing drills, followed by injury prevention work and upperbody strength training   Foam-rolling at night.

Friday: 
In the morning, 12.5 miles, including a workout of 3200m (12:32 - 6:16/6:16), 1600 (6:02), 800 (2:52) and then 2x200 (each in 38).  Followed with injury prevention work and 20 minutes shakeout pool-running.  Foam rolling at night.

Saturday:  
In the morning, 12 miles easy (8:07 pace).  Foam-rolling, injury prevention work, and upperbody/core strengthtraining in the afternoon.

Sunday:  
In the morning, 14 miles as a progressive run, split as first 3 at 8:34, next 4 at 7:52, next 3.5 at 7:33, next 2.5 at 7:00, last mile at 6:20. Overall pace 7:41.  Followed with injury prevention work and 20 minutes shakeout pool-running. Yoga and foam-rolling in the afternoon.

1 comment: