Monday, December 12, 2016

Training log - Week ending 12/11/16

This week was 17 "miles" of pool-running -- training log is here.

Race recovery week 2 (Electric Boogaloo).  Basically I short sold my recovery after Chicago, and now I have to complete the transaction.  With compounded interest.  (and yes, I mangled the metaphor).

The order from my coach was to keep things in the pool for a while, and so that's what I'm doing, as an investment in my spring cycle.  I started back with belted pool-running and very gentle yoga for the first week, plus some swimming at the end.  This coming week, I'm moving back to beltless pool-running plus more intense yoga classes and maybe some strenthwork at the gym.  

Then maybe I'll start back up with some easy running next week, depending on how I feel.  Maybe. I'm starting to miss running, and I'll unquestionably miss it more next week.  On the other hand I still feel fried, both in my legs and overall, and I want to err on the side of more rest rather than less.  A bit of fitness loss now will actually do me good down the road.



Dailies 

Monday: Fly back to east coast in the morning; 4 "miles" pool-running with the belt in the evening (just gently waving my legs in the water and chatting - no real effort here)

Tuesday: Very gentle yoga in the morning; 3 "miles" pool-running with the belt on the evening, plus foam rolling.

Wednesday:  Very gentle yoga in the morning; foam rolling at night.

Thursday: 5 "miles" of pool-running with the belt in the morning.   Foam rolling at night

Friday: Easy yoga and 6 "miles" of pool-running with the belt in the morning.  Foam rolling at night.

Saturday: 1000 yards swimming plus yoga in the morning.  Foam rolling in the afternoon.

Sunday: 8 "miles" of pool-running plus 1000 yards swimming and some injury prevention work at the gym.  Foam rolling at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment