Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Training log - Week ending 3/17/19

This week was 39.5 miles of running, 14 "miles" of pool-running and 1000 yards of swimming -- training log is here.

Just a belated check-in for my past week (I was tied up with celebrating my anniversary, and then with work and writing my race report) .  Last week I was wondering whether I was in 84-85 minute shape for the half, or faster.  As it turns out, I was in better shape, but ran 84 anyway.  Oh well.  I've got another half in June.

I'm not sure what I'm annoyed about more - the lousy race, or the fact that I ran 39.5 miles instead of 40.

[on second thought, the bad race is more annoying.  Much more annoying.]

At least I know that I'm fit, and that my taper worked well, and that my training has been effective.  All good things.



Dailies 


Monday: Yoga and 8 "miles" pool-running in the morning.  Foam rolling at night.

Tuesday: 10.5 miles, including a track workout of 6x800 in 3:07, 3:06, 3:03, 3:00, 3:01, 2:5.  Followed with light leg strengthwork and 500 yards recovery swimming.  Massage in the afternoon.

Wednesday:  DIY yoga and 6.5 miles very easy (8:53) plus drills and 6 hill sprints.  Foam rolling at night.

Thursday:  Light upper body weights/core, DIY yoga, and 6 "miles" pool-running in the morning.  Foam rolling at night.

Friday: 7 miles, including a 1600 on the track at 10 mile-half marathon effort (6:15).   Foam rolling at night.

Saturday:  DIY yoga and foam rolling.

Sunday: 2.5 miles warm-up and then a half marathon in 1:24:45.   Later, 500 yards recovery swimming.






No comments:

Post a Comment