Monday, May 19, 2014

Training log - week ending 5/18/14



This week was 32 miles of running and 6000 yards of swimming  -- training log is here.  

I named them Fred and Ginger.
More ups and downs - isn't that how it always is?  Highs were a track workout on Tuesday, and possibly one of the best rock concerts I've ever been to (VNV Nation - I've seen them at least 7 times, and they've never had a bad show, but this was outstanding).

I also got a pair of orthotics from my podiatrist, and started phasing those in. 

For the first day, wore them 1-2 hours, then started working towards wearing all day, with the goal of starting to wear them for short runs next week.  They felt fantastic at first, however, they seemed less comfortable the more I wore them. 

And then I noted the outside of my right heel starting to hurt again towards the weekend.  I'm not sure whether it's associated with the orthotics, especially since I didn't wear the orthotics while running.  However, I do note that the foot hurts more when walking in the orthotics, and less when I'm barefoot.

After an easy 6 miles on Saturday, the foot was definitely sore.  Shit.  It felt much better the next morning, but I decided to sit out running anyway.  I may give it another day or two to be safe, and then start coming back carefully.  And contact my podiatrist tomorrow.

Dailies

Monday:   Yoga in the morning, foam rolling at night.

Tuesday:  In the morning, 7 miles,  including a track workout of 2x400 moderate (1:33 and 1:38), 2x800 and 1x1600 (3:05, 3:02, 6:13), followed by 1000 yards of swimming.  Foam rolling at night.

Wednesday:  In the morning, 4 miles easy (8:38 pace) and a yoga class; later did another 5 miles (8:28 pace). Foam rolling in afternoon;VNV show at night.

 
Final song of second encore of VNV show.
Of a list of about 14 songs I really wanted to hear,
they played 2.  Most of the set was tracks that annoy me.
And I STILL consider it one of the best shows I've seen. 
Amazing.
Thursday:   Slept in and then did a very sluggish 1000 yards of swimming just to shake out stiff muscles from last night. 
Friday:  10 miles easy (8:46) plus a yoga class; foam rolling in the afternoon.   

Saturday:   6 miles easy (8:12 - too fast) and later 2000 yards of swimming

Sunday:   2000 yards of swimming, followed by a yoga class.  Sports massage at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment