Monday, August 4, 2014

Training log - Week ending 8/3/2014

This week was 50 miles of running and 3000 yards of swimming  -- training log is here.  

Cutback week.  I also ran a race on Saturday, but the reduced mileage was less about the race and more about the fact that I was feeling a bit rundown (which makes sense - I've been at 65 miles per week the last two weeks, which is a number I haven't seen in about a year).  Since I haven't even formally started marathon training yet, I thought a down week was a good idea.

Plus, I had a lot of stuff going on.  Brian and I visit my parents and sister and my horse fairly regularly, but we always do it as a day trip (they're 2 hours away, if no traffic).  My parents had suggested several times that we stay over at some point, and this week made sense, scheduling-wise (once I get into marathon training, it will be hard, since I don't want to miss the Sunday long run).

So, we visited this weekend, and it was fun.  Amusing anecdote: Brian and I idly debated on the way over whether my parents might put us in separate rooms (I was fairly sure they wouldn't).

Nope.  We ended up not just in the same room, but in a double bed (we always share a queen - Brian is not a small man, and I sleep in a way that requires real estate).  And in a room with a steep pitch to the ceiling, so that I had to do a fair bit of contortioning to get out of bed.   No Lucy and Ricky set up here.  (points if you get the reference).

Yup - I think my parents approve of Brian.

Dailies

Monday:   Yoga in the morning, foam rolling at night.

Tuesday:  In the morning, 10 miles, including a workout of 3x1600, 2x800 (6:18/6:09/6:08/2:58/2:59).  Still fading a bit at the end of workouts, which coincides with my ferritin still being on the low side.  Followed by 1000 yards of easy swimming; foam rolling at night.

Wednesday:  In the morning, 3 miles very easy (8:38 pace), followed by a yoga class.  Later another 7 miles very easy (8:31).  Foam rolling at night.

Thursday:   In the morning, 8 miles, including a half mile pick-up in 3:09.  Foam rolling at night.

Friday:  1000 yards of swimming with a pull buoy.   Foam rolling in the afternoon.

Saturday:   7.5 miles, including a 5K race in 20:16 (report). Followed with long car ride to visit mom+dad (traffic).   Foam rolling in afternoon (not too embarrassed to admit that I took foam roller to mom+dad's).

Sunday:   First, car ride back from mom+dad's (to beat traffic).  Then 9 miles easy (8:27) followed by a yoga class and then another 5.5 miles easy (8:22).  1000 yards of swimming+foam rolling in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment