Sunday, June 2, 2024

Training log - Week ending 6/2/2024

This week was 60 miles of running and 7 "miles" of pool-running -- training log is here.

I was surprisingly tired from the past weekend's track meet, so I skipped the Tuesday track workout.  Wednesday I felt a little fresher, so I hit the track for some minimal tempo work followed by some short speed stuff. I managed to get my 100m time down to 22 seconds - sub 6:00 pace - which felt like an achievement.

Since I struggle with running fast on even slightly uneven terrain, I moved my Friday tempo workout from the track (perfectly smooth and flat) to the Georgetown waterfront (slightly uneven pavement and walkways, plus some slight inclines).  It was challenging, so I think I need to do this some more.

Monday: 9 "miles" pool-running. Foam rolling in evening.

Tuesday: 6 miles very easy to gym (9:50) including two hill sprints.  Upper body weights/core at gym, and then jogged 2 miles very easy home (9:47) plus two strides.  Sports massage at night.  
 
Wednesday: 9 miles on the track, including a mixed workout that started as 2K at tempo (9:08) and then 2x800 slightly faster (3:33 and 3:29).  5 minutes recovery after the 2K and 2:40 between the 800s.  Then swapped shoes into the Takumi Sen 7 and did some 100s and 200s.  The 200s were 47-48 seconds and the 100s were 22-23 seconds. Foam rolling in evening.

Thursday: 9 miles very easy on trails (10:09) in the morning; streaming yoga and foam rolling in the evening.
`
Friday: 10 miles, including a relaxed ~6500m tempo on the Georgetown waterfront (5 loops - splits were 6:18, 6:05, 6:00, 5:53, 5:50), followed by leg strengthwork.  Foam rolling in evening.

Saturday: 9.5 miles very easy (9:19), drills and two strides.  Upperbody weights and core and foam rolling in evening.

Sunday:  14 miles easy to moderate (8:45) followed by leg strengthwork. Foam rolling in evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment