Monday, April 1, 2019

Training log - Week ending 3/31/19

This week was 58 miles of running, 16 "miles" of pool-running and 3000 yards of swimming -- training log is here.

The Cherry Blossom 10 miler is next week, and I'm feeling pretty good about it, based on recent workouts.  I've found that tempos are pretty good indicators of my fitness, and based on Friday's tempo, I think I'm in low 63 minute shape, with the possibility of dipping under 63 if the stars align.  If nothing else, I have a good shot of setting a PR - my current 10 mile PR is 63:55, and my Shamrock Half time equates to mid-63 minutes.  And I'm obviously hoping I have a much better race than I did at Shamrock.

I'm mirroring my taper from Shamrock, which means that this past Friday was my last serious workout.  I kept Sunday's run to 12 miles, and was very careful not to overdo the marathon effort section (since I had a strong headwind on those miles, marathon effort was not near expected marathon pace).  

My workout this coming Tuesday will be at "fast but fun" effort, rather than trying to build fitness, and then I'll back off my daily mileage, with just a mile at 10mile - half-marathon effort on Friday to keep my legs sharp.

My GI system has been pretty well behaved since Shamrock, so I'm optimistic that I'll get through Cherry Blossom without issue - fingers crossed.


Dailies 

Monday: Upper body weights/core and 8 "miles" pool-running in the morning.  Foam rolling at night.

Tuesday: 12 miles, including a track workout of 2x800, 1600, 2x800, 2x200 in 3:07, 3:02, 6:06, 2:58, 2:57, 39, 38.  Followed with leg strengthwork and 1000 yards recovery swimming.  Foam rolling at night.

Wednesday: 8 miles very easy to yoga (9:21), plus drills and strides, and then yoga.  Followed with another 4 miles very easy (8:51).  Foam rolling at night.

Thursday:  Upper body weights/core and 8 "miles" pool-running in the morning.  Foam rolling at night.

Friday: 12 miles, including a 4 mile tempo on the track in 25:34 (6:29/6:26/6:21/6:18).  Followed with leg strengthwork and 1000 yards recovery swimming.  Foam rolling at night.

Saturday:  10 miles very easy (8:37), plus drills, strides, DIY yoga, and upper body weights/core.  Foam rolling at night.

Sunday: 12 miles progressive, split as first 4 miles averaging 8:52, next 4 averaging 7:27, last 4 averaging 6:57.   Followed with light leg strengthwork and 1000 yards recovery swimming.  Foam rolling in afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment