Sunday, September 20, 2020

Training log - Week ending 9/20/2020

This week was 59 miles of running, 1000 yards of swimming and 23 "miles" of pool-running -- training log is here

The spiral taping job continues to work wonders, and I was actually able to put together a complete week.  A complete week of workouts that were about 45-60 seconds slower than where I was a few months ago, but I'm not that bothered.  If I can put together consistent training and stay patient, I'll get back there.  It's the consistency that has been the challenge.


Since the spiral taping job was working so well, I suspected that this might be a re-occurrence of the loose ligaments issue I have in that foot.  Ligaments get stretched out, foot loses its proprioception, and I can't balance on it.  But nope. The doctor confirmed on Monday - the ligaments are still tight.  He sent me for MRIs of my lumbar region and right ankle, which I got on Saturday.


And like anyone else, of course I looked at them when I got home.  But radiology is hard.  Really hard.  I can tell the difference between my foot and my back, but that's about it.  So I'll have to wait until I see the doctor again this Thursday to get his take.



Dailies 


Monday: 7 "miles" of pool-running and upper body weights/core. Foam rolling at night.


Tuesday: 12 miles, including a track workout of 2x(1600, 800, 400 in 6:44, 3:15, 94, 6:32, 3:12, 94).  Recoveries were....very long (longer than the repeat duration) - I'll tighten those up next week.  Followed with leg strengthwork, 500 yards recovery swimming, and streaming yoga.   Foam rolling at night.

;

Wednesday: 9 miles very easy (9:51) with drills and 6 hill strides, followed with 3 "miles" of pool-running and streaming yoga. Foam rolling at night.


Thursday:  7 "miles" of pool-running and upper body weights/core in the morning, followed by streaming yoga; foam rolling at night.


Friday: 11 miles, including a tempo workout of 4x1 mile at tempo effort with 30 second jogs (splits were 6:55, 7:02, 7:12, 7:06).  Followed with full recovery and then 4x~200m (using paint lines on the pavement, so not exact) in 47, 43, 45, and 44 with 80 second recovery after each.  Followed with leg strengthwork and 500 yards recovery swimming. Foam rolling at night.


Saturday: 11 miles very easy (9:30), plus 6 steep hill sprints and drills. and streaming yoga.  Foam rolling in afternoon.


Sunday:  16 miles, structured as the first 5 miles averaging 9:29 pace, the next 5 averaging 8:24, the next 5 averaging 7:34, and then a mile cooldown.  Followed with leg strengthwork and streaming yoga.  Doubled back with 6 "miles" pool-running and foam rolling in afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment