Monday, April 15, 2013

Training log - Week ending 4/14/13

This week was 59 miles of “real running” plus 15 “miles” pool running and 1000 yards swimming -- training log is here.  


Started back to workouts this week, with a tempo on Friday.  I'm out of shape, but I knew that.  And I'm not as out of shape as I feared, and in better condition then I was when I started the Shamrock training cycle, so yay.

I'm racing Pike's Peek 10K this coming weekend.  It's a ludicrously fast downhill course; be interesting to see what I run, given my lack of workouts.  I'm not fit right now, but I've never let that keep me from racing.


Dailies

Monday:  
In the morning, 60 minutes of easy pool-running for “6 miles” followed by injury prevention work and some strength training.  Foam rolling at night.

Tuesday: 
10.5 miles easy (7:58) followed by lower body injury prevention work; foam rolling at night.

Wednesday
:   In the morning, 8 miles very easy (9:00 pace), followed by yoga.   Later did another 4 miles (7:34 pace - apparently I felt too good).  Foam rolling at night.

Thursday:  
In the morning, 50 minutes of easy pool-running for “5 miles" plus 1000 yards of swimming breathing drills, followed by injury prevention work and upperbody strength training   Foam-rolling at night.

Friday: 
In the morning, 11 miles, including tempo intervals of 2x3200m (800m jog)  Splits were 12:52 (6:27/6:25) and 12:48 (6:28/6:20).  This workout notable for the thunderstorm that hit during it.  Followed with injury prevention work and 20 minutes shakeout pool-running.  Foam rolling at night.

Saturday:  
In the morning, 11 miles easy (7:51 pace).  Foam-rolling, injury prevention work, and upperbody/core strengthtraining in the afternoon.

Sunday:  
In the morning, 14 miles as a progressive run, split as first 2.5 at 8:56, next 4 at 8:05, next 3 at 7:33, last 4.5 at 7:00 pace. Overall pace 7:46.  Followed with injury prevention work and 20 minutes shakeout pool-running. Yoga and foam-rolling in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment