Monday, August 12, 2019

Training log - Week ending 8/11/2019

This week was 56 miles of running, 16 "miles" of pool-running and 2000 yards of swimming -- training log is here.

Faceplanted in my road mile on Friday night - I'm still angry about that one.  (Not angry at the race or anyone else, just angry at myself and life.)  Oh well.  In another week or two I'll be less angry and more amused.

Other than that, it was a good week.  I pulled back on the effort of my Tuesday workouts - something that I plan to stick with.  I reap just as much benefit running these intervals at a slightly slower pace, while protecting my body some.  And....since I'm racing fairly frequently, there's really no reason to hammer workouts. 

[and yes, I know this, but I have to keep repeating it]

I consider myself to be in marathon training now, since I'm 12 weeks out from my marathon. Despite that, I've got two more road miles on the calendar.  Basically I'm continuing to work a bit on my speed while in the first weeks of this cycle, before shifting completely to more traditional marathon training a month from now.

Dailies 

Monday: Yoga and 8.5 "miles" pool-running in the morning.  Foam rolling at night.

Tuesday: 12.5 miles, including a track workout of 1600, 2x1200, 800, 2x200 in 6:14, 4:38, 4:33, 2:59, 41, 40. (recovery of 4:40 after 1600, 2:44 and 2:39 after the 1200s, and full recovery between 200s  Followed with light leg strengthwork and 1000 yards recovery swimming.  Foam rolling at night.

Wednesday: 4.5 miles very easy (9:13), plus DIY yoga and core.  Then another 5.5 miles (8:57) plus four very short hill sprints.  Foam rolling at night.

Thursday:  Light upper body weights, DIY yoga, and 7.5 "miles" pool-running in the morning.  Foam rolling at night.

Friday: In the morning, 3 miles very easy (9:00) plus strides.  In the evening, 4.5 mile warm-up and then a mile race in 5:35.

Saturday:  10 miles very easy (9:04), plus drills, upper body weights, core.  Foam rolling at night.

Sunday: 14 miles progressive, split as first four miles averaging 8:45 pace, next 5 miles averaging 7:30 pace; last five miles averaging 6:41 pace.  Then jogged another mile back to my car.  Followed with injury prevention work and 1000 yards recovery swimming.  Foam rolling at night.



No comments:

Post a Comment