Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Training log - Week ending 3/29/2020

This week was 55 miles of running and 7 miles walking -- training log is here.

Still building back up, and strengthening, with a focus on hills and aerobic work.  I had a bit of a scare when my right hamstring got sore near the end of my Tuesday workout, but that cleared up quickly.  Other than that, things continue to improve - Sunday's long run felt good.  And encouragingly, I felt better after that run (in terms of nerve/back/hamstring pain) then I did before.

I rented a treadmill for the next 3 months, which was delivered to our house on Wednesday.  I'm now gently phasing treadmill running into my routine, so that I can swap to 100% treadmill running if necessary.  I don't want to immediately swap to only treadmill running - I'm concerned that I'll get hurt if I do.




Dailies

Monday:  Upperbody weights, core, and 4 mile walk.  Foam rolling at night.

Tuesday: 9 miles, including a hill/tempo mix of two short hills (around 70 seconds), a 1.5 mile tempo at 6:37 pace; two more short hills, a 1.5 mile tempo at 6:29 pace, and one more short hill.  2-3 minute jogging recovery after each hill or tempo segment.  Foam rolling at night.

Wednesday: Yoga, some pull-ups, 3 miles walking.  Foam rolling at night.

Thursday: 7 miles (9:25), upper body weights/core, 2 miles on treadmill (9:56).  Foam rolling at night.

Friday:  12 miles, including 8 modified Iwo Jima hill repeats (extended distance going up; no downhill stride).  Followed with injury prevention work.  Foam rolling at night.

Saturday: 4 miles on treadmill (9:04), live streaming yoga, 6.5 miles very easy (9:03) plus drills and 2 uphill strides. Foam rolling at night.

Sunday: 14.5 miles, including 12 miles progression (split as first 4 averaging 9:27, next 4 averaging 7:43, next 4 averaging 7:04) and a 2.5 mile cooldown.  Followed with injury prevention work. Foam rolling at night.




No comments:

Post a Comment