Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Training log - Week ending 6/7/2020

This week was 65 miles of running -- training log is here.
Belated update for this week, as time got away from me.  Pretty much more of the same, with the only blip being on Sunday when I cut short the marathon pace segment of my long run.  I had planned on doing 6 miles at marathon effort, but I couldn't seem to keep the effort under control - it kept lurching towards tempo effort.  So I shut stuff down rather than dig a hole.

I'm pretty sure some of the issue was that my breathing was a bit off, but I think a lot of it also was dehydration - I carried a water bottle but drained it early and had no way to refill it.  I think that I need to map out my future long runs so that I can top off my water halfway through. 

Dailies


Monday:  Live streaming yoga, upperbody weights/core, and back unloading work plus foam rolling.  

Tuesday: 12.5 miles on the treadmill, including a mixed workout of 2 short hill repeats (70 seconds at a 4.5 incline), 10 minutes at tempo (6:33), 2 more short hill repeats, 10 minutes at tempo (6:33), and 2 more short hill repeats; 2:30 recovery after each hill or tempo segment.  Followed with Injury prevention work and live streaming yoga. Foam rolling at night

Wednesday: 7 miles easy outside (9:14), drills and 4 strides, live streaming yoga, 7 miles easy on the treadmill (9:06).  Foam rolling at night

Thursday: Upper body weights/core and back unloading work/foam rolling in the morning; live streaming yoga in the afternoon.

Friday:  12.5 miles on the treadmill, including an imitation Iwo Jima workout - 8 repeats of the following:

-2:00 at a strong effort on a 3.0 incline (the Iwo Jima hill averages a 3% incline)

-1:30 easy effort on a 0.5 incline

-0:30 fast on a 0.5 incline

-1:00 easy effort on a 0.5 incline.

Followed with leg strengthwork and recovery yoga.  Foam rolling at night.

Saturday: 7 miles very easy (9:11), drills and four strides, live streaming yoga.  Then on the treadmill for 3.5 more miles (9:12).  Finished up with some back unloading work and foam rolling.

Sunday: 15.5 miles, including 12 miles progression (split as first 4 averaging 9:12, next 4 averaging 7:51, next 4 averaging 7:08) and a 3.5 mile cooldown.  Followed with leg strengthwork and streaming yoga. Forgot to foam roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment