Monday, November 16, 2020

Training log - Week ending 11/16/2020

 This week was 45 miles of running and 15 "miles" of pool-running -- training log is here

.I did my second round of PRP on Tuesday, so that meant another 2 days on the couch, and then a careful ramp back up.


I felt a bit sluggish and drained for much of the week, just like last time.  I had previously attributed this to the PRP, couch potatoing, and general life stress... but this time a lightbulb went off.  They draw a decent amount of blood for PRP - 20 vials is the goal - so about 180 ml.  450-500ml is what one generally gives when donating blood, and that amount can knock a runner down for several weeks (the blood volume gets replaced pretty quickly; the red blood cells take a lot longer).   So in retrospect it's not surprising that I'd feel a bit dull for a week or so post-blood draw.


So I kept things on the easy side.  Sunday's run was intentionally not too hard.  At the same time, I had inadvertently ended up entered in two virtual half-marathons, both of which sent me nice swag and cool medals.  I hated to toss the medals, so I just went ahead and formally ran 13.12 miles (giving a slight cushion to the 13.11) so that I could submit that time to both races and then add the medals to my medal basket.


On a separate note, I went back to the track on Monday to do another calibration of my footpod.  Tuesday morning I got good accurate measurements on the track during the workout, and on Sunday's run it was lapping miles just AFTER my friend's GPS - indicating that it's at least not measuring too optimistically.



Dailies 


Monday: 9 miles very easy (8:55) plus an easy mile on the track to calibrate my footpod, followed by upper body weights/core. Foam rolling at night.


Tuesday: 12 miles, including a track workout of 2x800, 1600, 2x800, 2x200 in 3:07, 3:08, 6:23, 3:05, 3:01, 43, and 42.  ~2:30 recoveries after the 800s, 4:50 recovery after the 1600, full recovery for the 200s.  Followed with leg strengthwork, streaming yoga, PRP injections into my ankle, and crutches.

;

Wednesday: Couch potato.


Thursday:  Couch potato.


Friday: Upper body weights/core and 4.5 "miles" of pool-running. Foam rolling at night.


Saturday: 9 miles easy (8:54) and drills and two hill strides plus streaming yoga and 5 "miles" pool-running.  Foam rolling in afternoon.


Sunday:  12 miles easy to moderate, progressing down from 9:30 ish to 7:15 ish.  Jogged 1.12 miles after, stopped and restarted watch, and then jogged another .80 of a mile.  Followed with streaming yoga.  Doubled back with 5.5 "miles" pool-running and foam rolling in afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment