Sunday, February 28, 2021

Training log - Week ending 2/28/2021

This week was 45 miles of running, 1500 yards of swimming and 12 "miles" of pool-running -- training log is here.

Pulled back this week to race a 5K on Sunday.  I was a bit surprised at the time, as I had estimated I was in 19:30 shape.  But....it's still a starting point and something to build on.  And...when I think about it, I have always raced very poorly coming immediately off of the hill workouts.  So why would I expect any different here?

The good news is that I feel fresh and healthy and ready for a new training cycle, which is a really good place to be, I think.  And the good news about a slower than expected race is that it adds some fire for training.

This week my team is starting track workouts again, which I'm looking forward to.  My plan is to jump back into mileage.  However, I am getting my first dose of the vaccine on Wednesday, so I'll have to see how that affects training for the rest of the week.

Monday: 5 "miles" of pool-running and upper body weights/core. Foam rolling at night. 

Tuesday: 12 miles on the treadmill, including 6x0.5 miles with 2:30 jog in 3:09, 3:08, 3:07, 3:09, 3:07, 3:06. Followed with leg strengthwork and 500 yards recovery swimming. Foam rolling in evening.

Wednesday: 10 miles very easy outside (9:09), followed by drills and 6 flat strides; foam rolling at night.

Thursday: 5 "miles" of pool-running and streaming yoga. Foam rolling at night. 

Friday: 7 miles, including an uptempo 1600 on the track in 6:30. Followed with 500 yards recovery swimming. Foam rolling at night. 

Saturday: 4 miles very easy (9:04). Foam rolling in the afternoon. 

Sunday: 4 mile warm-up, 5K in 20:06, and then 5 miles after (8:50). Later did 500 yards recovery swimming and 2 "miles" pool-running. Foam rolling in afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment