Sunday, March 7, 2021

Training log - Week ending 3/07/2021

This week was 60 miles of running, 1500 yards of swimming and 12 "miles" of pool-running -- training log is here.

Tuesday was my first team track workout in several months (we were shut down due to Covid 19 but are now ramping things back up).  It felt really good to be back out there.  I was curious to see how my paces outside would map against my treadmill workouts - even with less than ideal weather on Tuesday (sub-freezing and a 15 MPH headwind) my splits were a bit faster than they are inside (and the workout felt easier).  I'll be curious to see how things are in better weather.

Wednesday was my first dose of the Moderna vaccine.  No serious side effects - I was a little headachy the afternoon after (could have been work and not the shot) and had a sore arm for a few days.  I did have to back off of Friday's tempo workout (not quite 48 hours post-shot), swapping it from 4 miles straight to 2 miles and then 1 mile.  I felt totally fine when not running, but definitely a bit off when running, especially when trying to run faster.  Very similar to how you think you're recovered from a race and then you start a workout and realize you weren't.  By Sunday I was feeling back to normal.;

Monday: 5 "miles" of pool-running and upper body weights/core. Foam rolling at night. 

Tuesday: 12 miles including a track workout of 6x800m in 3:07, 3:08, 3:07, 3:08, 3:02, 3:03 (several of these might have been a second or two faster - I kept fumbling the lap button due to my mittens and or my sleeve getting in the way); recoveries between 2:21 and 2:34.   Followed with leg strengthwork and 500 yards recovery swimming. Foam rolling in evening.

Wednesday: 10.5 miles very easy outside (9:02), plus drills and 4 steep hill sprints, followed by streaming yoga.  Got my first shot of Moderna midday; foam rolling at night.

Thursday: 5 "miles" of pool-running and streaming yoga. Foam rolling at night. 

Friday: 11 miles on the treadmill, including a tempo workout of 2 miles, 1 mile in 13:20 (6:40/6:40) and 6:32 with 4:40 jog in between. Followed leg strengthwork and 500 yards recovery swimming. Foam rolling at night. 

Saturday: 11 miles very easy (8:55), plus drills, 6 steep hill sprints, and upper body weights/core. Foam rolling in the afternoon. 

Sunday: 14 miles progressive, split as first 5 averaging 9:07, next 5 averaging 7:51, next 4 averaging 6:56, and then 1.5 miles cooldown. Later did leg strengthwork, 500 yards recovery swimming and 2 "miles" pool-running. Foam rolling in afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment