Sunday, July 3, 2022

Training log - Week ending 7/03/2022

This week was 58 miles of running, ~1500 yards of swimming and 18 "miles" of pool-running -- training log is here.

This was my first full week on Artane (I only take it on running days, not every day).  On Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, I took half a tablet before running.  I ended up having pretty good workouts on Tuesday and Friday.  The dystonia wasn't totally gone, but much improved, and consequently I ran with or in front of those who were dropping me the week before.

Over the weekend, I bumped up the dose to a full tablet (the neurologist told me I could try this).  My hope was even more improvement.  However, it didn't improve the dystonia anymore, but did make me a bit weaker.  My 200m repeats on Sunday were comically slower than my 1200m repeats on Tuesday.  I also did hex bar deadlifts on both Tuesday and Sunday - Tuesday I deadlifted 140 pounds; on Sunday I deadlifted 105 pounds....

So...clearly that didn't work.  I'll return back to the half tablet and continue with that.  I have some baclofen that I was also prescribed - I'm debating whether I want to try that or just stick with the Artane.

Dailies:

Monday:  9 "miles" of pool-running and streaming yoga.   Foam rolling at night.  

Tuesday: 11 miles, including 4x1200, 2x400 in 5:09, 5:01, 4:58, 4:56, 93, and 95.  2:3x-2:5x recovery between the 1200s and full recovery between the 400s.  Followed with leg strengthwork and 500 yards recovery swimming.  Foam rolling at night.
 
Wednesday: Streaming yoga and 11 miles (9:44), with drills/strides. Foam rolling in evening.

Thursday: 9 "miles" pool-running and upper body weights/core.  Foam rolling in evening

Friday: 12 miles, with a blended track/hill workout consisting of 3x10 second hill sprints (6% incline, jog to the bottom for recovery), then to the track for 2x2K in 8:50 and 8:42, with ~3 minutes jogged recovery in between.  Then back to the hill for 6x0:45 hill repeats, cycling twice through a sequence of easy, moderate, powerful).  Then back to the track for 2K, 400m in 8:42 and 97, with ~3 minute recovery between. Followed with leg strengthwork and 500 meters recovery swimming. Foam rolling at night.

Saturday: 10 miles easy (9:55), drills and strides, and streaming yoga.  Foam rolling at night.

Sunday: 10 miles on the track, including 2400m in 10:51, 2 laps jog, and then 2x8x200m, with 200m jog between and 400m jog between sets.  Later did 4 miles very easy (10:10).  Followed with leg strengthwork and 500 yards recovery swimming.  Foam rolling at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment