Sunday, November 26, 2023

Training log - Week ending 11/26/2023

This week was 60 miles of running, 18 "miles" of pool-running, and 1000 yards of swimming -- training log is here.

After two weeks of cheering at marathons, it was nice to have a weekend at home.   I skipped a turkey trot this year both because I had raced on Saturday and because turkey trots tend to start late, meaning that I get to my parents' house later than I would like.  Plus, I had marathon training to do.

Wednesday's workout was pretty slow, but I wasn't surprised as it seems that I'm still getting used to the Lexapro that I started on November 12.  Saturday's long run, though still slower than I would like, felt a bit better, so I think I may be finally adjusting to it.  (My nightly sleep needs are also reverting to normal - hopefully another sign that I am adjusting.)

While I'm waiting for things to settle down, I'm trying to treat this as similar to training in bad weather - I focus on the effort and don't sweat it if the paces are slower than I would like (even though the weather is actually close to ideal).  Hopefully as I adjust my paces will improve back to where they were a few weeks ago. 

Monday:  9 "miles" pool-running and streaming yoga. Foam rolling in evening.

Tuesday: 10 miles very easy (9:27) including some grass running and drills/strides, and upperbody weights/core.  Foam rolling in evening.
 
Wednesday: 12 miles, including a track workout of 3x3200 in 14:17 (7:10/7:07), 14:17 (7:09/7:08) and 14:14 (7:09/7:05); recoveries of 5:00 and 5:13 between the 3200s.  Followed with leg strengthwork and 500 yards recovery swimming.

Thursday:  8 miles trail running (10:04) and streaming pilates.  Foam rolling in evening.

Friday: 10 miles very easy (9:33) to gym, including some grass running, and then upperbody weights/core, followed by 2 miles very easy home (9:30) plus drills/strides.  Foam rolling in evening.
 
Saturday: 18 miles progressive, split as the first 5 miles averaging 9:37, the next 5 miles averaging 8:29, and the next 8 miles averaging 7:42.  Followed with injury prevention work and 500 yards recovery swimming.

Sunday:  9 "miles" pool-running and streaming yoga. Foam rolling in evening..

No comments:

Post a Comment