Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Training log - Week ending 12/3/2023

This week was 64 miles of running, 9 "miles" of pool-running, and 500 yards of swimming -- training log is here.

I made it 3 weeks on the Lexapro, and then we (my doctor and I) decided to pull the plug. The fatigue, drowsiness, and weakness I noted on it just weren't improving enough. Training-wise, easy runs were OK, but trying to run faster was getting harder and harder - my heart rate just wouldn't rise, meaning that I was going anaerobic at paces that should have been not-that-hard.  

Tuesday's workout was particularly rough - a 1600 in 7:32 (so roughly my marathon pace right now) felt like an all out effort with each 100m longer than the previous.  It felt bad enough that I canned the workout, did a few 200s (which also felt awful) and went home.

I took my last dose on Thursday night. As of the weekend I was starting to feel better (certainly not as drowsy).  Saturday's workout, though not great, was better than I expected, and I've felt a bit better each day since.  

I hope I'll improve enough over the next week to be able to race a 15K decently on Sunday.

Monday:  Upperbody weights/core and 8 miles very easy (9:32). Foam rolling in evening.

Tuesday: 7 miles, including a failed track workout of 1600 in 7:32 and then 4x200 in 53, 52, 53, 55.  Followed with leg strengthwork.  Sports massage at night.
 
Wednesday: Streaming yoga and 10.5 miles very easy on the treadmill (9:12).  Foam rolling in evening.

Thursday:  10 miles, including a track workout of 3200, 2x1600 in 14:42, 7:18, 7:17 with 5:0x recovery between.  Followed with injury prevention work.  Foam rolling in evening.

Friday: 10 miles very easy on trails (10:30) and streaming yoga. Foam rolling in evening.

Saturday: 18.5 miles, including 5 miles, 2x3 miles at marathon effort (paces of 7:42, 7:39, and 7:47).  Followed with injury prevention work and 500 yards recovery swimming. Foam rolling in evening.

Sunday:  90 minutes pool-running and upperbody weights/core.  Foam rolling in evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment