Monday, June 17, 2013

Training log - Week ending 6/16/13

This week was 46.5 miles of “real running” plus 15 “miles” pool running and 1000 yards of swimming -- training log is here.  

OK week for the most part, though I was pretty disappointed in my race on Saturday.  But it taught me a good lesson.  Once again, I've been falling into an old bad habit of starting out my races and runs too aggressively.  Two workouts in a row, I've run the last repetition on fumes; those workouts, plus Saturday's race, indicate a trend that I need to nip in the bud.  It's not so much trying to run my workouts and runs slower overall, but rather a matter of starting them slow - slower than it feels like I need to.  So I can finish strong.

I'm not too worried, though.  The best time to break bad habits is right when you feel them starting.  The good thing about falling off of the wagon is that you can always just climb back on.


Dailies

Monday:  
In the morning, 50 minutes of easy pool-running for “5 miles," plus some upper body strengthwork.  Foam rolling at night.

Tuesday: 
In the morning, 11.5 miles, including an interval workout of 400, 600, 800, 2x1000, 800, 600, 400 (ran 87, 2:09, 2:51, 3:37, 3:37, 2:54, 2:05, and 84).  Followed with injury prevention work and 20 minutes of shakeout pool-running.  Foamrolling at night.

Wednesday
:   In the morning, 10 miles very easy (8:27 pace), followed by yoga.  Got a massage at night.

Thursday:  
In the morning, 25 minutes of easy pool-running for “2.5 miles," followed by some injury prevention work.  7.5 miles in the evening including a 1 mile pick-up at 6:10, plus drills, followed by foam rolling.

Friday: 
In the morning, 1000 yards of swimming breathing drills.   Foam rolling at night.

Saturday:  
In the morning, 3 mile warm-up and then 5K race in 19:35.  35 minutes cooldown pool-running in the afternoon..

Sunday:  
In the morning, 11 miles aerobic (averaged 7:45 pace, but most of the second half of the run was at around 7:15/7:20 pace), followed by yoga and then 20 minutes shakeout pool-running.  Foam rolling at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment