Monday, March 16, 2015

Training log - week ending 3/15/15

This week was 53 miles of running, 3 "miles" of pool-running, and 3000 yards of swimming -- training log is here.

Tapering down for my half marathon, which is next Sunday.    I did win a race this week, but strangely that wasn't the highlight.  The best part of the week was Tuesday's workout.  Not because there was anything special about it, but because it was routine.  We were back on the track again (not the Whitehurst Freeway) and I was able to hang with "my group" on the track without struggling or feeling like I was going to the well. 

This spring I've been running my workouts based on feel, making sure to keep the effort controlled and restrained, even though it meant I was being continually dropped.  And... the pay off is that the last few weeks I've been running controlled while NOT getting dropped.  It's good to be home again.

Now if I could just get the plants and trees to stop fornicating, life would be all sorts of awesome.

Dailies

Monday:   3 "miles" pool-running plus upper body strengthwork and yoga.  Foam rolling at night.

Tuesday:  10.5 miles, including 2x1200, 800, 400 (splits were 4:39, 3:01, 89, 4:27, 2:57, 82), followed with injury prevention/strengthwork and 1500 yards swimming.  Foam rolling at night.
 
Wednesday: 9.5 miles very easy (9:18 pace) followed by drills+strides and then a yoga class.  Massage at night.
 
Thursday:   8 miles, including a 1 mile pick-up at 6:07 pace (way too fast - I won't make that mistake again this week).  Foam rolling at night.

Friday:  3 very easy (8:40) miles, plus drills+strides.  Foam rolling at night.

Saturday:   9  miles, including a 5K in 20:26.  1000 yards recovery swimming in the afternoon, followed by foam rolling.

Sunday:  13 miles easy (8:19), done mostly downhill with a tailwind - fun.  Followed with a yoga class, and later 500 yards recovery swimming.  Foam rolling at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment