Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Training log - Week ending 3/23/15

This week was 46 miles of running, 7 "miles" of pool-running and 500 yards of swimming  -- training log is here.

Tapered for the Shamrock half, and raced it. And...I may be racing again this Saturday in Richmond at the Monument Avenue 10K.  So the upcoming week will be very heavily focused on recovery.  Short and easy stuff, plus plenty of sleep, water, and foam rolling.  And then a test mile at 10K pace this coming Thursday to see how I feel and decide whether I'm racing.

After I ran the half on Sunday, I hung around for a few hours to cheer on the full marathoners.  In retrospect, this was really beneficial for me.  I covered another 2-3 miles on foot, between cheering and getting between various locations and my hotel, and I think that the slow paced walking was much better for me than hopping straight in a car and driving 3+ hours immediately post race would have been.

Dailies

Monday:   Yoga and then 4 "miles"of easy pool-running; foam rolling at night.

Tuesday:  9 miles, including a workout of 6x800 (3:06, 2:58, 2:59, 2:57, 2:54, 2:56), followed by some light injury prevention work and 3 "miles" easy pool-running.  Foam rolling in afternoon.

Wednesday: 8 miles very easy (9:21 pace) followed by upper body weights. Foam rolling in afternoon.

Thursday:   6 miles very easy (8:35), with some drills and strides, and some upperbody strengthwork and injury prevention work,.  Foam rolling at night.

Friday:  6.5 miles, including a "mile pick-up" (actually around 1 and 1/3 miles) under the Whitehurst.    Foam rolling at night.

Saturday:   A half-mile very easy as a shakeout, plus foam rolling.

Sunday:  2 mile warm-up and then half marathon in 1:28:28.  Swam 500 yards for recovery in the afternoon, followed by some foam rolling.

No comments:

Post a Comment