Sunday, December 13, 2020

Training log - Week ending 12/13/2020

This week was 52 miles of running, 1000 yards of swimming and 15 "miles" of pool-running -- training log is here

The first part of this week was focused on recovery.  And also test driving my new treadmill (this time a purchase, not a rental), which I named "Fluffy."  (Because Fluffy is an absolutely ridiculous name for a treadmill).  It was delivered on Thursday, and thus Friday morning's runs were dedicated to getting to know Fluffy.


I waited until Saturday to do my next workout after the half.  Even so, my legs were still tired.  It usually takes me about 10 days to fully recover from a half, so this was not surprising.  I was pretty happy with the workout given how my legs felt - I'm continuing to progress (though you always wish it was faster).


I usually do my tempos on the roads, both because I find it mentally easier and because it's less stress on my ankles.  But I decided to do this one on the track so that I could see how my splits on a measured track compared to my footpod splits on the road.

As it turned out, they were pretty much a match.  Of course, they were never going to be exact, due to the fatigue on my legs, the few seconds difference between a 3200 and a 2 mile interval, and just day to day variations.  But close enough to confirm that I was getting an accurate read on my fitness from those road workouts.  So yay.



Dailies 


Monday: 5 "miles" pool-running in the morning; streaming yoga and foam rolling at night.


Tuesday: 8 miles very easy (9:10) plus drills, upper body weights/core.   Foam rolling at night.

;

Wednesday: 10 miles very easy (9:19) plus drills, followed by streaming yoga.  Foam rolling at night.


Thursday:  5 "miles" of pool-running and upper body weights/core in the morning.  Foam rolling at night.


Friday: 5 miles easy on treadmill (9:14); streaming yoga, and 6 miles on treadmill (8:59).   Foam rolling at night.


Saturday: 11 miles, including a track workout of 2x3200m, 2x200m.  Splits were 13:05 (6:34/6:31); 12:58 (6:32/6:26); 43, and 42.  6 minutes recovery after the 3200ms (a bit long, but I needed to retie my shoes after each); full recovery for the 200s.  


Followed with streaming yoga and leg strengthwork, and then 1000 yards of recovery swimming.  Foam rolling in afternoon.


Sunday:  12 miles very easy (9:01) and streaming yoga in the morning; 5 "miles" pool-running and foam rolling in afternoon.


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on Fluffy the Treadmill! I love that name. Mine is MVOT (My Very Own Treadmill).

    ReplyDelete