Monday, November 22, 2021

Training log - week ending 11/21/2021

This week was 30 miles of running, 1000 yards of swimming, and 24 "miles" of pool-running -- training log is here.

I started the week off with an attempt at a track workout.  It went OK - no feeling like I was going to fall, not much wobbliness.  My legs were incredibly tight and stiff even after a 3 mile warm-up, and didn't feel even half-way normal until the end.  Just the oddest feeling - like I was wearing pants that were way too tight.  No pain, no soreness, no fatigue.  The legs just couldn't move.  

But again, I was running in a straight line, so that was an improvement.

Wednesday's run felt surprisingly good - as if Tuesday had loosened me up.  Which is just par for the experience here - the more I do, the better I feel.

That being said, after a pretty good hill workout on Friday, I decided to take a break for a few days.  My reasoning being that I was way overdue for a break.   I honestly don't want to take a break (especially now that things are finally on the upswing).  But I know that they are necessary, and the only reason I hadn't taken one yet was that I was worried about a setback in dealing with whatever I'm dealing with if I backed off of stuff.  But a clean neuro exam and EMG/NCS eased that worry some.

So I scheduled myself for 4 days of doing anything from nothing at all to 60 minutes of pool-running, lasting from Saturday to Tuesday.  Definitely not as big a break as I would take after a season-ending marathon, but it should do the job of a reset.

Dailies:

Monday: 9 "miles" of pool-running and upper body weights/core.   Foam rolling at night. 

Tuesday: 10 miles, including a track workout of 5x800, 400, 2x200 in 3:48, 3:38, 3:20, 3:19, 95, 48, 49.  Followed with leg strengthwork and 500 yards recovery swimming.  Foam rolling in evening.

Wednesday:  Streaming yoga and 10 miles very easy (9:26), plus drills and two strides.   Foam rolling in evening.

Thursday: 9 "miles" of pool-running and upper body weights/core.  Foam rolling at night. 

Friday: 10 miles including 8 hill repeats of about 2:15-2:20 each.  Followed with leg strengthwork and 500 yards recovery swimming.  Foam rolling at night. 

Saturday: 6 "miles" of pool-running and foam rolling.

Sunday: Cheering at Philadelphia Marathon and foam rolling.

No comments:

Post a Comment