Monday, November 8, 2021

Training log - Week ending 11/7/2021

This week was 60 miles of running, 1500 yards of swimming, some stuff on the arc-trainer, and 18 "miles" of pool-running -- training log is here.

More of the same holding pattern.  I'm trying to run a small bit each day just to keep practicing the act of running, because it feels like that is helpful.   Doing hills once a week and a progressive long run once a week gives me a chance to practice some faster running, while doing the arc-trainer workout once a week lets me get my HR up and preserve some of my aerobic fitness.

I do feel like the wobbliness is improving - it now goes away in about 2 miles instead of 4 or so.  On Saturday I managed to run on my treadmill for the first time in a long time - I had to keep the pace very slow and use the handle bars for intermittent support during the first two miles, but then things got better.

Right now, I'm actually feeling similar to how I did about 18 months ago, right after dropping out of the One City Marathon (my notes back then in my training log show that I had some wobbliness/balance issues then as well).  I've re-developed the sciatic/burning pain down both legs that I had then (though not quite as bad this time around).  All stuff to mention to the Neurologist when I see him this week, I guess.

Dailies:

Monday: 8 "miles" of pool-running, upper body weights/core, and 3.5 miles (10:18).   Foam rolling at night. 

Tuesday: 4.5 miles (9:53), an arc-trainer workout of three sets of 4x(90 seconds hard, 30 seconds easy) with 60 seconds easy between each set, and then 3 miles (9:45).  Followed with leg strengthwork and 500 yards recovery swimming.  Foam rolling in evening.

Wednesday:  10 miles very easy (10:02), drills, strides, and streaming yoga.   Foam rolling in evening.

Thursday: 10 "miles" pool-running followed by 2 miles very easy (10:05), drills, strides, and upper body weights/core.  Foam rolling at night. 

Friday: 11 miles including 8 hill repeats of about 2:20 each.  Followed with leg strengthwork and 500 yards recovery swimming.  Foam rolling at night. . 

Saturday: 8 miles (9:59), streaming yoga, and 3.5 miles (10:05) plus drills and strides

Sunday: 14.5 miles progressive, split as first 5 averaging 9:55 pace, next 5 miles averaging 8:48 pace, next 4.5 miles averaging 7:42 pace.  Followed with leg strengthwork and 500 yards recovery swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment