Monday, April 11, 2022

Training log - week ending 4/10/2022

This week was 44 miles of running, 500 meters of swimming and 18 "miles" of pool-running -- training log is here.

I did a second round of platelet lysate injections in my back on Tuesday, plus some bonus prolotherapy in my SI joint.  As with the first set of injections, I took a day off, a day in the pool, and then started ramping back up.  I also felt fairly sluggish in my first runs back - I had the same experience before, so I think that's just PRP - the reaction in the first days after drains some of your energy.

I was entered in the BAA 5K this coming weekend but have decided to skip it.  Three 5Ks in four weeks just doesn't seem like a great idea, especially when the off week was dedicated to back injections.  Additionally, Boston is an expensive trip, and I really don't feel like traveling right now.  So I'll just enjoy a few days at home (I'm still taking Monday off to watch the marathon).

Dailies:

Monday:  9 "miles" of pool-running and streaming yoga.   Foam rolling at night.  

Tuesday: 10.5 miles, including a track workout of 2x1200, 2x800, 2x400 in 5;13, 5:02, 3:13, 3:12, 92, 93.   2:2x-4:0x recovery after the 1200s and 800s, 80 second recovery between 400s.  Platelet lysate injections after. 

Wednesday: Off.  Just some foam rolling in evening.

Thursday: 9 "miles" pool-running and upper body weights/core.  Foam rolling in afternoon.

Friday: 9 miles, including 4 hill repeats up a 350m hill with a 5% incline; full recovery between each.  Followed with leg strengthwork.    Foam rolling at night

Saturday: 10 miles very easy outside (9:52) and streaming yoga.  Foam rolling at night.

Sunday: 12.5 miles progressive, split as the first 4 miles averaging 9:50, the next 4 miles averaging 8:28, and the next 4.5 miles averaging 7:22 (plus 2 miles jogged at 9:09 pace).  Followed by injury prevention work and 500 meters recovery swimming.  Foam rolling at night.


No comments:

Post a Comment