Sunday, March 19, 2023

Training log - Week ending 3/19/2023

This week was 43 miles of running, 1000 yards of swimming and 27 "miles" of pool-running -- training log is here.

I ran a 5K as a tune-up for Cherry Blossom - I didn't need a fitness check, but I did need to practice running fast in crowds and on a non-flat race course.  I did both decently, so I feel a bit more confident for Cherry Blossom.  The 5K was not much faster than my half-marathon two weeks ago, but that's things are these days.  And that's why my goal races are 10 miles and longer, and also why I'm going to try to race a lot of 5Ks.

I did a shoe swap for the 5K and wore a non-super shoe - the Adios 7 - instead of my MetaSpeed Edges.  I actually liked it more.  My biggest limiter is feeling unstable on my feet, and that limiter is more significant the faster I run.  I feel a lot more stable and secure in the Adios 7 - especially my broken down pair - and that resulted in feeling much more comfortable and being able to run a lot harder.

I'm thinking that I may start using the Adios 7 for more speedwork and 5K races.

Of course, there's still the dream that eventually through a mix of medication and neuro PT I'll get to the point where I can wear Vaporflies comfortably.  That would be nice, especially since I've got a fresh pair in my closet.

Monday: 10 "miles" of pool-running. Foam rolling at night. 

Tuesday: 11 miles, including a track workout of 7x800, 2x200 in 3:40, 3:35, 3:33, 3:29, 3:23, 3:20, 3:19, 47, 48.  Recoveries of 2:1x-2:4x after the 800s and full recovery after the 200s.  Followed with leg strengthwork and 500 yards recovery swimming.  Foam rolling at night. 

Wednesday: Streaming yoga and 8 miles easy on the treadmill (9:47).  Massage at night.

Thursday: 8 "miles" of pool-running and upper body weights/core.  Foam rolling at night. 

Friday: 4 miles, including some 100s in 23-24 and 200s in 48-49.  Foam rolling at night. 

Saturday: 4 miles warm-up, then a 5K in 21:45.  Followed with 7 miles of jogging between cheering and jogging back to car.  500 yards recovery swimming in afternoon.

Sunday: 6 miles easy on treadmill (9:51) and 9 "miles" pool-running.  Yoga and foam rolling in the afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment