Thursday, June 29, 2023

Training log - Week ending 6/25/2023

This week was 7 miles of running and 54 "miles" of pool-running -- training log is here.

This was a recovery week, which meant a lot of pool-running, and thus a boring (and late) weekly report. [no, I don't take total rest, because I've found that I feel and recover much better when I do gentle activity.]

Two random things worth noting:

a) I went to my first in-person yoga class since early 2020. I haven't been avoiding in person yoga because of fear of others; it's just that most of the yoga studios in my area closed, and the ones that are still open don't offer classes that I am interested in at times that I am interested in. But I decided to make time for an afternoon in-person yoga class on Sunday, just so that I could check myself in a studio with mirrors, and hopefully also get some corrections from the instructor. The latter didn't happen, but at least I got a chance to eye-ball myself and note some things to correct. 

b) I have been convinced that I need to start doing some hiking, and maybe even a bit of trail running, to build ankle strength. Fortunately, I don't live very far at all from some short trails/hiking areas, so I spent some time there this weekend on both Saturday and Sunday. Did I enjoy it? Honestly, I'd rather be on a bosu ball (less sunshine, less bugs). But it did feel like it was making my ankles work in a way that gym rehab work doesn't.  So I'll be trying to add that in on most weeks, though I probably won't log it here.

Dailies:

Monday:  9 "miles" pool-running.   Foam rolling at night.  

Tuesday: 9 "miles" pool-running and upper body weights/core.  Foam rolling in evening.
 
Wednesday: 9 "miles" pool-running and streaming yoga.   Foam rolling in evening.

Thursday: 9 "miles" pool-running and upper body weights/core.  Foam rolling in evening.

Friday: 9 "miles" pool-running and leg strengthwork.  Foam rolling at night.

Saturday: 9 "miles" pool-running and streaming yoga.  Foam rolling at night.

Sunday: 7 miles (9:40) and yoga.   Foam rolling at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment