Sunday, July 2, 2023

Training log - Week ending 7/2/2023

 This week was 37 miles of running and 27 "miles" of pool-running -- training log is here.

I had planned for this week to be mostly hills and tempo intervals, and I accomplished that.  I had also planned for this week to be outdoors, but forest fire smoke kept me inside from Wednesday-Saturday.

As for plans....Friday was supposed to be a tempo workout, followed by easy miles on Saturday and a progressive long run on Sunday.  However, because of the smoke, I stayed inside on the treadmill.  The tempo/hills workout I did on Friday felt great, but it left my calves tight after.  Not injured, but on the edge.  I think they would have been OK if I had done easy miles outside on Saturday, but that wasn't an option due to the smoke - my choices were the treadmill or pool-running.   So I moved my Monday pool-run to Saturday.  It ended up being the right choice, as my calves felt fine for Sunday's run.

Because things were jumbled anyways, I decided to just run easy on Sunday.  I'll do a track workout on Monday, which will then free me up to cheer for friends at a 4th of July 5K on Tuesday morning.

Dailies:

Monday:  9 "miles" pool-running and upper body weights/core.   Foam rolling at night.  

Tuesday: 9 miles, including 6 Iwo Jima hills (~2:15 uphill; 90 second jog; 40 second downhill stride; 60 seconds to the bottom of the hill) and leg strengthwork.  Foam rolling in evening.
 
Wednesday: 9 miles very easy on the treadmill (9:34) and streaming yoga.   Sports massage in evening.

Thursday: 9 "miles" pool-running and upper body weights/core.  Foam rolling in evening.
,
Friday: 9 miles on the treadmill, including a mixed tempo/hill workout consisting of 3x10 seconds hard up a 5% incline with 50 seconds recovery; 2x5:00 at 8.5 mph (7:03 pace); 6x1:00 up a 5% incline (cycling twice through easy, moderate, and hard), and then another 2x5:00 at 8.5 mph.  All with 90 seconds recovery except for the short hill sprints at the start.   Followed with leg strengthwork.  Foam rolling at night.

Saturday: 9 "miles" pool-running and streaming yoga.  Foam rolling in evening.

Sunday: 10 miles easy (9:25) plus drills and strides, followed by upper body weights/core.  Foam rolling in evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment