Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Training log - Week ending 9/17/2023

This week was 53 miles of running, 1000 yards of swimming, and 7 "miles" of pool-running -- training log is here.

Tapered for and raced a half-marathon.  I was pretty happy with my execution, but not so much the time.  But I got some helpful prep information from the half, so as a dress rehearsal for the marathon, it was good.

One thing I did observe (but did not note in my race report) - I continue to experiment with how much running to do in the last few days before a race.    Based on how my legs felt early on Sunday morning, I think I should have done a bit more running the day before.

Dailies:

Monday:  7 "miles" of pool-running and streaming yoga.  Foam rolling in evening.

Tuesday:  8 miles very easy (9:39) including some grass running and four strides, followed by upper body weights/core.  Foam rolling in evening.
 
Wednesday: 9 miles on the track, including 12x400m with 100m ~float (first 400s in 1:46 and 1:47, then the rest in 1:42-1:43; floats in 33-34 seconds).  Followed with injury prevention work and 500 yards recovery swimming.  Foam rolling in evening.

Thursday: 7 miles trail running (10:17) and streaming yoga.  Foam rolling in evening.

Friday: 7 miles very easy (9:37) including some grass running, two hill sprints, and six strides.  Followed with upper body weights/core.  Foam rolling at night.

Saturday: 3 miles very easy (9:29).  Foam rolling at night.

Sunday:  3 mile warm-up, Half-Marathon in 1:34:and 500 yards recovery swimming.  Foam rolling at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment