Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Training log - Week ending 10/15/2023

 This week was 16 miles of running and 36 "miles" of pool-running -- training log is here.

Not too much of interest; just a post-marathon recovery week.  

The first 5 days were mostly pool-running (the exception being one day where I left the house at 5:45 am to try to get to work early, only to fail and spend 90 minutes in a round trip commute - the exact same amount of time I would have spent pool-running before telecommuting from home).

Due to a colonoscopy scheduled on Tuesday of the upcoming week, I decided to start running again a few days early, so that I wouldn't have 10 straight days of non-running.  With the neuro issues, a week is the longest I dare take between runs.

Everything felt good when I ran, so that was good. 

I have decided that for the upcoming cycle, starting now, I am going to be re-emphasizing leg strength training.  I've improved my gait a lot with hard work, now it's time to maintain that while increasing my stride length by restoring some of the leg strength and power that I seem to have lost.  So...a lot more heavy squatting, lunging, etc in the next few weeks.

Dailies:

Monday:  9 "miles" pool-running.  Foam rolling at night.  

Tuesday: Streaming yoga.  Deep tissue massage in evening.
 
Wednesday: 9 "miles" pool-running followed by some core work.  Foam rolling in evening.

Thursday: 9 "miles" pool-running.  Foam rolling in evening.

Friday: 9 "miles" pool-running, followed by weights/core.  Foam rolling at night

Saturday: 7 miles easy (9:39), followed with drills and streaming pilates.  Foam rolling at night.

Sunday: 9 miles very easy (9:52) followed by leg strengthwork.  Foam rolling at night

No comments:

Post a Comment