Sunday, January 14, 2024

Training log - Week ending 1/14/24

This week was 34 miles of running, an hour of arc-trainer/step mill, and 24 "miles" of pool-running -- training log is here.

I started running again on Tuesday after taking a short break. My gait was a bit clumsy for the first day or two and then improved. The sciatica was a slight issue for the first five minutes of the first few runs, and then resolved. 

My hip also feels MUCH more stable, and I'm generating a lot more power from that leg. My balance is also much improved on that leg (which is generally my really bad leg for balance). If skipping Houston means that I end up with a lot more power in my stride, then it will have been well worth it.

I did an arc-trainer workout on Thursday just to get my heart-rate up some, and then started playing with gentle hills on the weekend.  The next few weekends will likely be more of the same.

Monday:  9 "miles" pool-running and streaming yoga.  Foam rolling in evening.

Tuesday: 5 miles very easy (10:27) and weights/core.   Foam rolling in evening.
 
Wednesday: 7 miles very easy (10:14) and streaming yoga.  Foam rolling in evening.

Thursday: 5 miles very easy (9:31), an arc-trainer workout of 6x4 minutes hard with 72 second recovery (with 10 minute cooldown on step-mill), and injury prevention work.  Foam rolling in evening.

Friday: 9 "miles" pool-running and upper body weights/core.  Foam rolling in evening.

Saturday: 7 miles, including 4 gentle Stafford Street hills (5% incline, slightly less than 400m, moderate effort).  Followed with 2 "miles" pool-running and streaming pilates. Foam rolling in evening.

Sunday:  10 miles mostly aerobic (8:53) followed by 4 "miles" pool-running and lower body strengthwork.  Foam rolling in evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment