Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Training log - Week ending 12/31/2023

This week was 41 miles of running, 15 "miles" of pool-running, an hour on the arc-trainer, and 500 yards of swimming -- training log is here.

Not the week I wanted to have, two weeks from Houston.  I had some gait issues earlier in the week (I suspect that I needed to adjust my neuro meds) and then some sciatica flared over the weekend.  The sciatica is one of those things that mimics a muscle strain but isn't actually one. (How can I tell?  Well... the "strained" muscle keeps changing and I can't replicate the discomfort in the gym.).

I suspect that the sciatica is the result of a tight hip muscle, so hopefully getting that released will fix this (since I posted this late, I'll comment that a deep tissue massage did help substantially).

Monday:  5 miles very easy on trails (10:28) plus upperbody weights/core. Foam rolling in evening.

Tuesday:  10 miles with strides on uphill, downhill, and flat.  Followed with leg strengthwork. Foam rolling in evening.
 
Wednesday: Upperbody weights/core and 8 miles very easy (9:37) plus drills/strides.  Foam rolling in evening.

Thursday:  9 miles with an 8K tempo in 37:53 (7:39/7:37/7:32/7:32/7:32).  Followed with leg strengthwork and 500 yards recovery swimming.  Foam rolling in evening.

Friday: 90 minutes pool-running.  Streaming yoga and foam rolling in the evening.

Saturday:  9 miles very easy (9:50). Foam rolling in afternoon.

Sunday: 1 hour on the arc-trainer, building in intensity to finish with 20 minutes at marathon effort and 5 minutes at tempo effort; followed by 1 hour of pool-running. Foam rolling in afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment