Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Training log - Week ending 1/29/17

This week was 58 miles of running,  17 "miles" of pool-running, and 2000 yards of swimming -- training log is here.

Nothing all that notable this week.  Still doing intervals, tempo, long run.

My coach normally includes extended tempo workouts at marathon pace as part of the half-marathon training cycle.  However, we're skipping that for me this cycle.  This was at my request - I felt that I had done a large amount of marathon pace running over the past 6 months, and so it made sense to limit it in favor of a greater focus on the Friday tempo workouts, which are done at 10M-half-marathon pace.   One side-consequence is that each of my weeks looks pretty much the same.  Which is unfortunate in that it makes my weekly reports less interesting, and also means that I have to avoid the temptation to compare weekly workouts against each other (c'mon - we all do that).

I do seem to be rebuilding fitness.  Or at least my Garmin thinks so.  I don't put a lot of faith in the actual race time predictions, but I do agree with the indicated trend.

Most of my distractions and thoughts this week have been non-running related, and since this is (again) not a blog about politics, I'll skip that here. Makes my blog more boring, but boring ain't always bad.


Dailies 

Monday: In the morning, yoga and 7 "miles" pool-running.  Foam rolling at night.

Tuesday
: In the morning, 10.5 miles including a workout of 6x800 in 3:09, 3:03, 3:02, 3:01, 2:58, 2:58.  Followed with injury prevention work and 1000 yards recovery swimming.  Foam roller at night.

Wednesday:  In the morning, 8 miles (9:16) to yoga, yoga, and then another 3.5 miles (8:51), followed by drills and strides.  Foam rolling at night.

Thursday: In the morning, 7 "miles" pool-running and upper body weights/core.  Foam rolling at night.

Friday: In the morning, 12 miles including a 4 mile tempo in 26:29 (6:53/6:36/6:33/6:27).  Followed with injury prevention work and 1000 yards recovery swimming. Foam rolling in the afternoon.

Saturday:  In the morning, 10 miles very easy (9:02) with drills and strides.  Upper body weights plus core and injury prevention work in the afternoon.  Foam rolling in the evening.

Sunday: In the morning, 14 miles progressive, split as first 4 at 9:18, next 5 at 7:42, last 5 at 7:06.  Followed with yoga.  2 "miles" pool-running and foam rolling in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment