Monday, February 4, 2019

Training log - Week ending 2/3/2019

This week was 47 miles of running, 16 "miles" of pool-running and 1000 yards of swimming -- training log is here.

Decent week.  As indicated by both my recent workouts and Sunday's race, I'm reasonably strong, but not at all sharp.  Which is actually a good thing.  

My goal is to have a spring similar to two years ago - where my first really good race was in  mid-March at Shamrock, and I then peaked in April and May, carefully sustaining that peak through June and the Garry Bjorklund (Grandma's) Half.  

If I was sharp and racing really well right now, that would be a warning sign that I wasn't going to be at my best for the races I care the most about.  I generally can hold a peak for about 6 weeks, so it's important to try to time it to match my goal races. 

So, I have a good base to work with over the next few weeks.  And I also seem to have gotten the-first-few-races-post-break-suck thing over and done with.  All good.  A few more weeks of training, and then I'll race again.
 
Dailies 

Monday: yoga and 8 "miles" pool-running; foam rolling at night.

Tuesday: 11.5 miles, including 2000, 4x800, 2x200 in 7:59, 2:59, 3:02, 3;00, 3:01, 41, 41.  Followed with injury prevention work and 1000 yards of swimming.  Foam rolling at night.

Wednesday: Yoga and then 10.5 miles very easy (8:42), followed by drills and strides.  Massage in afternoon.

Thursday:  Upper body weights and core and 8 "miles" pool-running in the morning.  Foam rolling at night

Friday: 7 miles, including one mile up-tempo in 6:36.  Foam rolling at night.

Saturday:  4 miles very easy (9:21) and DIY yoga.  Foam rolling in afternoon.

Sunday: 3.5 warm-up, and then 4 mile race in 25:16 (6:33/6:16/6:24/6:05), jogged a mile after.  Later, did another 5.5 miles very easy (9:06) plus light injury prevention work and foam rolling.


No comments:

Post a Comment