Sunday, July 25, 2021

Training log - Week ending 7/25/2021

This week was 53 miles of running, 1000 yards of swimming, and 21 "miles" of pool-running -- training log is here.

I moved closer to my "normal" routine this week, with both track intervals and a tempo.  Both were quite unimpressive - I'm just struggling aerobically - out of breath with a high heart rate.  It's not asthma (lungs feel great and peak flow meter reads normal), and my legs also feel quite good.

I had some blood drawn on Tuesday - checking my CBC (complete blood count), iron levels, folate, and B12.  I haven't yet discussed the bloodwork with a doctor, but to my reading, it looks like my iron is still low - that's certainly consistent with how I feel.  

We'll see what the doctor says when I have my appointment in early August.  In the meantime, I'm already on iron supplements - I've been on them since this spring.

Dailies

Monday: 10 "miles" of pool-running and upper body weights/core.  Foam rolling at night.

Tuesday
11 miles, including a short track workout of 2x(1600m, 800m) and 2x200m in 6:41, 3:10, 6:33, 3:04, 44, and 43.  Very long recoveries after each.  Followed with leg strengthwork and 500 yards recovery swimming.  Foam rolling at night.

Wednesday:  9 miles easy (9:41) with drills and two hill strides, followed by streaming yoga and then 3 miles very easy on the treadmill (9:46).    Foam rolling at night.

Thursday
 11 "miles" of pool-running and upper body weights/core.  Foam rolling at night.

Friday12 miles, including a 4 mile tempo in 28:12 (7:06/7:10/7:07/6:49) followed by two approximate 200s at mile effort, and then leg strengthwork and 500 yards recovery swimming.  Foam rolling in evening.

Saturday: 10 miles easy on treadmill (9:50) and streaming yoga.  Foam rolling in evening.

Sunday: 8 miles easy (9:44) with drills, two hill sprints, and then upper body weights/core.  Foam rolling in afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment