Monday, July 5, 2021

Training log - Week ending 7/4/2021

This week was 34 miles of running and 14 "miles" of pool-running -- training log is here.

Not too much of interest here, just squats, split squats, and barbell lunges on Tuesday and Saturday.  Saturday's workout was supposed to be on Friday, but getting very little sleep on Thursday night due to a tornado touching down a few blocks away led me to push back Friday's squats by a day.

The tornado was an EF1, so I imagine people in Oklahoma don't even bother getting up for those, but it was impressive to me.  No damage to our house/yard whatsoever, though those north of us weren't so lucky.

I also got some good news when I went in for a DEXA scan to check my bone density (since I'm on the border of osteopenia/osteoporosis, I get it checked every 2 years).    I've been fearful of what this scan would reveal, since Covid prevented me from using the gym (and heavy dumbbells/barbells) for much of the past year.  Concerning, since weight lifting is key to maintaining bone strength.  But...looks like my combination of bands and kettlebells at home plus running did the trick - the rheumatologist was "thrilled" with my latest scan.  So yay!


Dailies


Monday: 6 "miles" of pool-running.  Foam rolling at night.

Tuesday: 6 miles (9:42) and leg strengthwork.   Foam rolling at night.

Wednesday:  Streaming yoga and 6 miles very easy on treadmill (9:42).  Foam rolling in evening.

Thursday
 6 "miles" of pool-running and upper body weights/core..  Foam rolling at night.

Friday: 8 miles easy (9:28) including some short gentle hills, followed by some DIY yoga (we had no power, so streaming yoga was out).  Foam rolling in evening.

Saturday: 6 miles very easy (9:21), drills and two strides, and leg strengthwork.  Foam rolling in evening.

Sunday:  8 miles very easy on treadmill (9:38) and 2 "miles" pool-running.  Foam rolling in afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the healthy bone scan! And that Tornado was exciting but scary.

    ReplyDelete