Sunday, October 2, 2022

Training log - Week ending 10/2/2022

This week was 51 miles of running, ~1000 yards of swimming and 12 "miles" of pool-running -- training log is here.

This was my second to last week of taper.  With the exception of the Tuesday workout, every run was 2-5 miles shorter than it would have been during my training cycle, and I cut 30 minutes off of each pool-running session.  Tuesday was my last "real" workout; Friday's tempo workout was limited to 5K, and Sunday's run was not long and had no marathon effort work.

It's late enough in the year that I'm now starting track workouts in the dark again.  My dystonia/balance issues are much much worse when visibility is poor, and it shows in my workouts.  It was particularly notable during Friday's tempo.  I did not intend to speed up that much over the course of the tempo, it was just that I couldn't get my legs to work well for the first 6 laps (run at 7:14 pace).  And then the sun rose and I could see and I ran the next 6 laps at 6:50 pace.

I'm really glad that Chicago is not an evening race.

Dailies:

Monday:  9 "miles" pool-running.  Foam rolling at night.  

Tuesday: 12.5 miles, including a track workout of 2000, 5x800 in 8:47, 3:21, 3:17, 3:15, 3:13, 3:13; 4 minute recovery after the 2000; 2:2x-2:4x recoveries.  Followed with leg strengthwork.   Foam rolling in evening.
 
Wednesday: Streaming yoga and 8 miles very easy (9:54) plus drills and strides.   Foam rolling in evening.

Thursday: 9 "miles" pool-running and upper body weights/core.  Foam rolling in evening

Friday: 10 miles, with a 5K tempo in 21:49 (7:18/6:57/6:44/0:50).  Followed with 500 yards recovery swimming.  Foam rolling at night

Saturday: 8.5 miles very easy (9:44), DIY yoga, and foam rolling.

Sunday: 12 miles progressing from easy to moderate - first 3 miles averaged 8:57, next 9 miles averaged 8:13.  Followed with 500m recovery swimming.   Foam rolling at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment